Northern Rendezvous Flyer 2017
This year, we will rendezvous at beautiful Mears Point Marina on the Maryland Eastern Shore at Kent Narrows in Grasonville. It is shaping up to be a great Rendezvous! Visiting with friends we don’t see all the time is the best part; but you can’t beat the registration and slip fees, and the program will have something for everyone. Come and “Stay Calm - Cruise On”!
2017 Northern Rendezvous
- The budget is shaping up to allow a reduced fee this year of $100/person with an early bird registration of $90. Wow!
Mears is a 500+ slip marina with full services and wonderful amenities for our Rendezvous.
- Many hotels/motels, bars and restaurants are within walking distance, and grocery stores, hardware stores, auto stores, banks and West Marine are a short drive away. Transportation will be provided.
- Slips: Althoughthe marina’s normal rate is $2/ft, they have given us a deal of $1.35/ft if we have 40 or more boats; $1.50/ft if we have fewer than 40 boats (not likely). The weekly rate is a steal at $1/ft per night, so plan on coming early and staying a week. Electric is $7/30amp and $12/50amp per night. Please call the marina directly for slip reservations: 410-827-8888.
- Hotel: We have a block of rooms reserved at $129 (water view) and $119 per night at the Holiday Inn Express ¼ mile from the marina. Call 410-827-4454 to make reservations – indicate you are part of the MTOA group.
Programs 2017 Northern Rendezvous Program
Each of the three days will have a different program focus:
Boating Focus Day:
- Jan Miles, Captain of the Pride of Baltimore will present the history and mission of the Pride.
- Seminars on AIS, Gadgets/Gizmos, ABYC and Knot Tying/Loops
Health and Safety Focus Day:
- Seminars on Fire Safety, CPR, AED, Wound Management, and Guns on board
Environmental Focus Day:
- We plan to have a presentation on the State of the Bay by a representative of the Chesapeake Bay Foundation.
- In the afternoon, we will have a guided walking tour of the Chesapeake Bay Environmental Center. Transportation will be provided. Sign up for this at $5/person.
What's a Rendezvous without time to just fellowship with other members - tell "war stories", share your favorite gunkhole, or just sit back and enjoy?There will be several ocassions to partake:
- Monday night, Jim Powell, Director of Mid-Atlantic Operations, will lead a Pub Crawl through several local establishments!
- There will be a morning walk each morning led by Ken Chumley for you healthy earlybirds!
- Green Ribbon day - want to give a tour of your boat?This is the day!
- There will be a catered continental breakfast each day in the pavilion.
- Lunch on board program will give you chance to host those "land cruisers" on your boat for lunch.
- Free Hot Dog lunch and Regional Meetings will give us a chance to review plans for regions and make new ones for next year!
- Social Hours will be held each evening before dinner.
- There will be a pot luck one night and two catered dinners.
First time attendees will be given a tee shirt; others can order a shirt if desired at $12/shirt. First timers please specify shirt size; others indicate if you want a shirt and specify shirt size if you do.
What Can You Do To Help?
- We currently need a chair to oversee the catered continental breakfast.
- Sign up to help on a committee when you register.It is the BEST way to get to know your fellow members and many hands make the work lighter - so help out!
- Please contact Dick Kammann 410-924-5761 or Jim Powell to offer your help!